Monday, February 28, 2011

Rest Day!

Strange, I created this blog 2 years ago and I got lazy and stopped. I decided to blog again and  when I redesigned it, my previous blogs were deleted. Oh well, none of those were important anyway.


Anyhoo, it's my rest day and had an appointment at RO2 Beauty and Wellness Center in Jupiter Street, Makati. I had a new hair cut and tried the Oxy Hair Therapy. The Oxy therapy deals with dandruff and chemically damaged hair. I had both because of 5 years of hair rebonding.  My stylist, Priscilla, advised me to have Oxy hair treatment once a weak for a month until she see's less damage in my scalp. I also tried the Ganbanyoku and Oxygen Therapy which is a 45-minute therapy. Ganbanyoku is also known as "Japanese Spa " or "Bedrock Bath". 


The place was nice, the staff are friendly and are always greeting and smiling at you. The main service area is on the second floor and I was given locker keys. I need to leave my sandals at the ground floor locker and my things at the 2nd floor locker.  I was served with tea with calamansi and honey, which is really good. I ought to try that at home. The Bedrock Bath and Oxygen Therapy was split into three "sessions". First 15 minutes is for the spa, 15 minutes for the O2 Therapy (in a massage chair) and the last 15 minutes back to the spa. I was given a glass of water before and after the spa, for hydration. The experience was really nice and I will definitely come back. And oh, their rates are also affordable.


My next stop was at Lay Bare Waxing Salon in Buendia. I've been meaning to try waxing but kinda hesitant as I was reading feedbacks that waxing is painful. No, I didn't go Brazilian, I'm not that brave yet, I just had my UA waxed. I had to wait for 2 hours because I don't have an appointment. I didn't expect that there'll be so many clients on a Monday! 


When it was my turn, Jenna, my technician apologized for the long wait. I told her that it's my first waxing experience and to go "gentle" on me. She laughed and assured my that it is not painful and also advised me the do's and don'ts before and after waxing. The pain was tolerable but is damn itchy, more itchier than shaving.


Tomorrow, it's back to work again and will have my next spa at Oils and Scrubs. I so love discount vouchers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment